Štrbské Pleso is part of the municipal lands of the village of Štrba. It was incorporated in the municipality of Vysoké Tatry from 1947. The ownership reverted to Štrba on 1 Jan. 2008 when the Supreme Court’s decision of 14 Aug. 2007 took effect. Štrbské Pleso comprises the residential and commercial buildings in the vicinity of the glacial lake of Štrbské Pleso (spelled with a lower-case de in Slovak) and the neighboring little, manmade pond of Nové Štrbské Pleso built in 1900. It has about 200 inhabitants.
Check out my Ultimate Travel Photography Gear Guide!
- Save money from epic photography gear guides and round-ups
- Discover new destinations near and far
- Learn to travel better and longer from travel tips and resources
- Get free travel photos and other freebies
- We don't like SPAM so you won't get any from us