This is a famous cemetery in Buenos Aires where Evita is buried. Set in 5.5 hectares (14 acres), the site contains 4691 vaults, all above ground, where 94 have been declared National Historical Monuments by the Argentine authorities and are shielded by the nation.
The entrance to the cemetery is by way of neo-classical gates with tall Doric columns. The cemetery contains many elaborate marble mausoleums, adorned with figurines, in a vast array of architectural styles like Art Deco, Art Nouveau, Baroque, and Neo-Gothic, along with many materials used between 1880 and 1930 in the building of tombs were imported from Paris and Milan.
Check out my Ultimate Travel Photography Gear Guide!
- Save money from epic photography gear guides and round-ups
- Discover new destinations near and far
- Learn to travel better and longer from travel tips and resources
- Get free travel photos and other freebies
- We don't like SPAM so you won't get any from us