The castle was used to repel Mongol and Turkish invasions. It fell to the Turks and was eventually taken back. Today, the castle serves a museum and draws many tourists to the region. From the town below, it’s not a very imposing castle but a stroll through its ramparts reveal just how thick the walls are.
Check out my Ultimate Travel Photography Gear Guide!
- Save money from epic photography gear guides and round-ups
- Discover new destinations near and far
- Learn to travel better and longer from travel tips and resources
- Get free travel photos and other freebies
- We don't like SPAM so you won't get any from us