I was driving around in Provence and passed through the town of Castellane, which is a very old city located upstream of the Gorges du Verdon. There was a bit of an overcast and as I’ve driven over a mountain where I saw this scene transpire. I pulled over, took out the Camembert cheese, croissants, and the French wine I bought from the town the proceeded to find a spot enjoy a picnic and enjoy this view. The Sun would break free from the clouds every so often and illuminate the town below, I couldn’t resist this play of light and I was hoping it would illuminate the granite face that has a church, so I ran to my car and took out my camera and tripod…sure enough, this image came to fruition, it’s probably one of only two images I’ve ever taken in the region. #alwayswanderlust
See more travel photos, HERE.
Check out my Ultimate Travel Photography Gear Guide!
- Save money from epic photography gear guides and round-ups
- Discover new destinations near and far
- Learn to travel better and longer from travel tips and resources
- Get free travel photos and other freebies
- We don't like SPAM so you won't get any from us