One of the greatest disappointments in my life if losing the hard drive that stored all my photos from my 2013 Europe trip. Well, that’s not bad in and by itself but I also broke the back up drive! All I can recover was shots from my phone and digicam. Here are some of the photos I recovered from a day trip to Luxembourg in a car.
Just a day trip to Luxembourg? What would you do if you had a day in Luxembourg? A country so small you would believe it just a mere city. It’s the world’s only remaining grand duchy and boasts one of the world’s highest GDP.
While it’s mostly rural, with the dense Ardennes forest and nature parks in the north, and the Moselle river valley in the southeast, something always drew me into it, perhaps it’s my fascination with medieval castles and history. It also helps that wine is cheap there. The beautiful sights I’ve seen in just one day spent in the tiny country was staggering.
From the quaint medieval village of Vianden to the gorgeous town of Houffalize, you’ll have plenty of fun and lots of photographic opportunities. You can do Luxembourg CITY in one day, but I didn’t find it all that interesting. I did explore it the night before but went on to drive around the country the next day. You can certainly spend a weekend here, there’s enough to see and do. But if you only had a day, here are my tips for maximizing your visit.
- A car will maximize your visit to Luxembourg.
- There’s not much to do at night in Luxembourg, City. Skip town and go somewhere else instead.
- Divide your time between Clairvaux Castle, Chateau Vianden, and Houffalize city.
That’s it! If I had several days I’d probably check out the Ardennes forest and looking back, I probably should have stayed and explored more. That means one thing. I have to go back!
|FIND THE BEST FLIGHT DEALS!|
| Skyscanner gives me the best deals in flights. They also have the best app for finding hotels and flight deals around the world. The price tracker alert has saved me a lot of money so I can travel more!|
Check out my Ultimate Travel Photography Gear Guide!
- Save money from epic photography gear guides and round-ups
- Discover new destinations near and far
- Learn to travel better and longer from travel tips and resources
- Get free travel photos and other freebies
- We don't like SPAM so you won't get any from us