Click on image to view larger
Above: Seattle as seen from across West Seattle
Above: The quintessential Seattle symbol, the Space Needle
Above: The Olympic Mountain range across from Eliott Bay
Scenes from West Seattle
West Seattle is actually the oldest part of Seattle and the birthplace of the city. This is where the original settlers met chief Seattle – the city is named after this native American chieftain. Nowadays, the area is a laid-back residential spot.
The sandy strip of Alki Beach is popular with volleyball players, kayakers, and sunbathers, while its coastal path has views of Puget Sound and the Seattle skyline. West Seattle Junction is the area’s commercial heart, with casual eateries, coffeehouses, and funky stores. Lincoln Park has walking and biking trails on a bluff above the Sound, and a heated saltwater pool.!
Have you been to West Seattle?
Check out my Ultimate Travel Photography Gear Guide!
|Lens||Sony FE 24-240mm|
- Save money from epic photography gear guides and round-ups
- Discover new destinations near and far
- Learn to travel better and longer from travel tips and resources
- Get free travel photos and other freebies
- We don't like SPAM so you won't get any from us