This post contain affiliate links that will help me get a Venti Cappuccino at Starbucks. I know you’re an enabler and not helping with my caffein addiction, but it’s so damn good I can’t stop. You should try with a sprinkle of vanilla!
If you are looking for a six-person tent that doesn’t fail you when you take your family camping, go camping with your pals or take your partner on an outdoor adventure, then read on.
This article will show you several different models that will serve you well. We will examine different tent models that will cater to how you want to use it, but, above all, with prices that won’t empty your pocket.
Before continuing with the guide, we would also like to give you the knowledge on how to choose the right six-person tent. The tents on this list also have a maximum person capacity of six people, so if you want to fit in more, then you will have to find a larger capacity tent though you could always squeeze in together!
For larger capacity tents, we have a list for the best four-person tents, eight-person tents, or ten-person tents that you can review. If you’re looking for something smaller, read our Backpacking Tent Reviews!
So why should you choose the best six-man tent that we would suggest? The are several reasons, these camping tents are only available in specific places, they are affordable, they are rugged, and we have tried them out.
For this reason, we will only recommend the models that we have used directly or indirectly, and that is also within the Amazon Marketplace and REI.
Table of Contents
|STAY LIKE A LOCAL!|
| Do you want to know how to make travel (especially long-term) interesting? Stay like a local! To experience a place like a local rather than a tourist gives a whole new dimension to any adventure. I use Airbnb to rent anything from a room to an entire house. If that's not attractive enough, how about $55 off your first stay via Airbnb?|
What Types Of Tents To Consider?
Choosing the best six-person tent is one of the essential steps for any potential camper who is planning to go on a trip with a semi-large group of people. It depends mostly on your safety and comfort.
If there are still doubts, perhaps we can help you with this complete guide of suggestions and recommendations. Also, we present a comparison between different types of tent models.
Getting to the right choice of a tent is one of the issues that led to more questions on the internet; that is why we have made this guide. What brand to buy, for how many people, what type of style of tent, and so many more questions.
We answer all of these questions by giving advice, technical analysis, and, above all, a lot of experience. So we hope we can answer your potential questions in this guide. First of all, what types of tent models are there?
Design and Model
The first thing to consider is the design and model. We will go by steps, since choosing a tent that serves you for what you want and lasts for several years, is not as easy as buying the travel backpack. The first step is to know the four types of tents that exist in the market:
They are the ones with a gable roof. Being of the first models manufactured, its structure is not the most appropriate to appease the strong winds, to conserve the heat in the interior, or to support the excess of humidity (which produces mold).
Although, in general, they are the most resistant and durable -thanks to the quality of their materials; the truth is that they are quite heavy and difficult to assemble.
Therefore, unless you transport it by car, you will be camping for several days and know how to reassemble it – without staying with the remaining poles in your hand, we do not recommend it.
These are the biggest tents, with spacious and easily accessible places, such as the more pricier ones. That’s why, even if we wanted to, we could not take them with us anywhere.
They are designed primarily for use in adventures of several days, such as a beach, a garden, or a hangout in a recreational area. Also, you can go with your aunt, cousin, sister, nephews, grandmother, best friend, and more.
Igloo tent (Tunnel type)
They have an aerodynamic design to withstand high winds. They are ultralight tents and easy to assemble, which makes them perfect for the bivouac.
Tent Igloo (Dome type)
Dome tents are the most used and best voted by most campers since they have a little more capacity than tunnel type, it is easier to move inside and have more price ranges.
Likewise, they are built with synthetic materials resistant to any weather phenomenon (rain, snow, strong winds, storms, or even the inclement sunning at noon).
What Sort Of Features To Think About?
So what factors do I take into account when choosing the best tent? Although there may be enough, there are 6 that are paramount and should not be overlooked:
- How many people can fit at the same time (to sleep)?
- Use that you are going to give (is directly related to the number of stations that support the tent, winter, summer, autumn, and spring).
- Weight, size, and easy to transport the carp.
- Storage pockets – how many ways can it hold your accessories.
- Ease of speed with which you can arm and disarm it without help (and in cases of emergency).
- Make it easy to get spare parts from any part of the tent if they are damaged, especially the poles.
- Manufacturing materials, brand, and price. A carp of the unknown brand will be much cheaper than a very well known one. But the main risk of skimping on expenses is that you will discover the quality of the materials when you have the storm on top.
Without further ado, here are the best 6 man tent that we have found for you:
Our List Of The Best 6-Man Tent For Camping In 2020
Below is our compilation on the best 6 person tent money can buy.
1. The REI Kingdom 6
With its spacious interior and spacious layout, you can fit a whole family inside the Rei Kingdom 6. It is a dome-type tent that has got a lot of great features that make it comfy and warm to be in when you go camping.
There a lack of glam, missing a few bells and whistles, but what the tent lacks innovation makes up for its ineffectiveness.
The tall ceilings of the text mean that it is very comfortable for six people to go in. And do not let the size fool you since it can be folded inside the included small backpack with pockets for stakes and poles.
Since it is so tall and spacious, we just love the fact that there are two rooms inside of the tent. There are also plenty of straps and storage pockets to store and hang things.
This means that if you want more airiness, then you can head over to one room inside of the tent, or if you want a bit more privacy, then the other side of the tent is great as well too.
And you can bet that this whole tent is very stable and will not fall over in the slightest or even strongest of breezes, provided that you have set it up correctly. At the price that you are purchasing, you will get a long-lasting, well-made dome tent.
- The tent has very tall ceilings and wide doors on the sides
- It has got a rainfly that you can set up, and there are so many pockets where you can store things throughout the tent
- There is only one side chamber in the tent
- The second door has a very low head awning
2. Coleman Carlsbad Fast Pitch 6
Many people like it by design, by the quality and by price, hence why it is so popular amongst a lot of campers. There are plenty of storage pockets and even a mesh area with nets for shoes before entering the tent.
The brand has high-quality materials. For example, the interior is made of polyester and allows good breathability without letting the water in at any time, without forgetting its double roof.
The poles are fiberglass and steel, making the tent very resistant to wear and tear. An excellent purchase option for a very competitive price.
- Easy to set up and true to its fast-pitch name
- Great build quality and materials
- Backpack style carrying sack
- Big doors
- Huge vestibule
- Many pockets for gear
- Versatile rainfly
- Fairly tall
- The tent itself has only one side room, which has a net that may lack privacy
- The extra vestibule will cost more
- Tiny second door awning
3. Mountain Hardware Optic 6 Man Tent
With two meters of height and good distribution, your family can enter the Mountain Hardware tent without problems.
It has rooms large enough for 6 people to sleep inside. The price is a little steep, but it’s well worth the money.
The level of craftsmanship lives up to Mountain Hardware’s name; it’s one of our favorite outdoor gear brands.
The design is interesting and unique as long as you are not camping during a hail storm. The mesh and floor look a little flimsy, but they are spot on when in use.
It has enough windows and mosquito nets that will prevent insects from entering the tent and bother you during the night.
The only thing that we can say is a negative is that the room layouts maybe a bit awkward for a larger family or group of people; the declared capacity is a little generous.
The tent could use a little more ventilation, but that’s just us wanting a perfect tent.
- It offers outstanding features for the price that you are paying for it
- Beautiful design, it’s a very good looking tent
- Easy to set up
- Rainfly is waterproof
- Zippers are built well and not prone to snagging
- The room layout can be a bit awkward for six people
4. Alps Mountaineering Camp Creek6
The Weatherproof fly that adds large awnings over the front doorway and back window. The tent has a quick put-up and pull-down design that allows you to pitch it fast but much faster if you have a partner helping you.
The tent is made with high-quality polyester that is capable of keeping harsh ultraviolet light out and keeping you dry during rains.
The weight distribution is not very good, so moving it around can be a bit hard. If you are worried about the installation, instructions are included next to the store, although due to its size and shape you should get used to the idea that the assembly will last about 30 minutes.
Once mounted, you will realize that you have made a good purchase. If you are looking for a lighter version, there is the Meramac model which is slightly shorter. We do prefer the standing design of the Camp Creek, however.
- Very competitive pricing for a well-made and modern 6 person camping tent
- Easy put-up and pull-down design
- Can truly accommodate 6 people comfortably
- The fly and floor seams are constructed with adequate sealing
- It is a bit weighty, making it sort of inconvenient to carry around with you if you are holding as a backpack
- One of the more expensive tents on this list
- It’s very heavy so you can’t backpack with this tent for long distances
5. Big Agnes Flying Diamond 6 Person Tent
This tent in the form of a tunnel has a perfect size for 6 people, at the same time, it is very bright thanks to its well-placed ventilation. There are a color-coded system and press-fit poles that make it easy to set up.
It’s one of the most rugged tents we have tested and pretty bombproof. The two different sized room is a nice addition.
The tent isn’t as tall as the other tents we have reviewed, it’s great to throw your sleeping bag inside and go to sleep, but it wouldn’t be fun to hang around inside.
The included rainfly can be held with trekking poles to form a canopy but does require you have trekking poles.
Although the tent is quite large, we can assure you that it has been designed so that its assembly is as easy as possible. Thanks to this you will have few problems.
As for the materials, they are of excellent quality, preventing the air or rain from entering, even on very stormy days.
We have to point out that the zipper doesn’t look like it’s the greatest, so you have to be careful with them or they will likely fail faster than normal. You can expect that this tent will last you quite a long time since it is very weatherproof.
- A large tunnel-shaped tent that is very versatile
- It can be fit into a very easy to carry bag
- Added rainfly can be formed like a canopy with trekking poles
- Room dividers
- Zippered mesh
- Storm Flaps
- It is not as tall on the inside as other tents and quite pricey
- Too many parts like poles and sleeves making it difficult to set up
- Questionable zippers
6. CORE Instant Cabin 6
We can define this tent as a reliable and a very solid one. With this 6 person tent, you will have more than enough space for 6 people, and you will have the security of being protected from the elements.
What’s more, the tent is breathable, which is appreciated for being able to enjoy good ventilation inside the tent.
This is due to its unique design with the adjustable air intake that draws cold air from the ground and funnels it to the mesh ceiling above.
The tent is capable of withstanding strong winds and rain, as long as the assembly has been carried out properly. It also resists a lot to the movements of people inside, which makes it a good option to buy.
The tent has a gear loft with a lantern hook and a large wall organizer to keep your items neat and off the tent floor. There are some negatives; the flooring material is not made up to standards, so you need to place a tarp underneath to keep it dry during wet days.
- Very good ventilation means that the inside of the tent is very breathable, and makes for a comfortable experience when sleeping inside of it
- Price, it’s reasonably affordable
- Very easy to set up
- Large door
- Good ventilation
- The zipper of the tent enclosure often catches onto the tent material itself so you will need to be careful when opening and closing it
- Flimsy flooring material
7. TOMOUNT 6 Person Tent
It has one larger mesh door and three mesh windows that enable optimal airflow to come in and out easily.
The mesh windows allow the breeze to come in but keep the bugs out.
There is an electrical access port that lets you run a cord from your electronic device in the tent to an outside power source.
There is also an interior gear pocket that helps you keep things well organized inside. The tent is wind and water-resistant enough. You will be reasonably dry when it starts raining, but don’t expect it to withstand a torrential downpour.
- The tent is very spacious
- Very easy to assemble
- Great lighting and ventilation
- Not as heavy-duty as advertised
- Cheaper materials mean not as weatherproof
8. Coleman Weather Master 6 Man Tent
It can even hold two queen-sized air mattresses if the need arises.
The important point is that it is quite easy to install, without forgetting that its dimensions do not seem that big on paper, that is, although the image may seem very small, it is larger than it seems.
It’s a tall tent that allows you to walk around without being hunched over.
It has strong zippers that can last without snagging and breaking off. It is not one of the most extensive, but if you are looking for an inexpensive tent that is not too big, this option will surely be worth it.
- With its simple design, it is very easy to set up
- True to its name, it is very weather-proof
- Not as storage friendly as other tents, as it lacks hooks on the walls of the interior
9. The North Face Kaiju 6
Moreover, this tent could even sleep up to 6 people, although it is more recommended for a bit less than that since it is a free-standing 6 man tent.
You can put in an inflatable mattress easily thanks to its large space. This is a non-freestanding tent and requires you to stake it to the ground to function.
There is plenty of mesh in the design, so the ventilation is excellent.
Each of the rooms in the tent has a mosquito net and a door to allow privacy in front of other people. The entrance has small windows to have more light. Very resistant against water and wind. North Face is one of our favorite brands, and they do make quality products.
This tent is made to their standards, except maybe for the poles; we question the durability of its aluminum design. It’s made of excellent materials that are made to tackle the elements, hence the exorbitant price.
- This very tall, very standing 6 man tent has a great design
- Offers spacious interiors
- Made out of great quality materials
- Great organization
- Pricier than other tents on this list
- The durability of the poles
10. Coleman Evanston 6
It is a well designed and safe tent so it will give you outstanding results, even on stormy days. However, we observed that if the tent isn’t perfectly set up, the windows can be troublesome on windy days.
The floor is very stable and rigid, so it will not move when we walk on it. It is a very comfortable store in which you can enjoy unforgettable days.
All of this comes in a very reasonably priced package, so you will not have to break the bank trying to purchase a well-made camping tent for six people. There is an 8 person version if you want to fit more people in.
- Very reasonably priced for the type of material and space that it provides
- Quite easy to set up
- Big space that can accommodate taller people
- Front screen for views outside
- Not as luxurious as the other 6 man tents on this list are
- If you don’t set it up properly, the windows can be problematic in strong winds.
11. Wenzel Evergreen 6 Person Tent
The Wenzel Evergreen is a great affordable tent, which has a rainfly, porch, an entrance, and two rooms so that up to 3 people can sleep in each of them.
The maximum height of the tent is also quite spacious. For the price, you are getting a lot of features, and there’s even a 10-year manufacturer warranty. There are mosquito nets in the doors of each room and not in the entrance.
The tent is not that heavy to carry around with a little skill; it will not cost you too much effort to assemble and disassemble it.
There is a built-in electrical port for added luxury and makes camping more interesting. The mesh windows and roof means you are getting a lot of ventilation inside the tent.
On the negative side, it is made of lighter materials than comparable tents on this list, and it’s not going battle powerful winds. Also, it can stand the occasional drizzle, but the lower quality materials aren’t going to keep a hard rain out.
- Comes in a very portable package
- The added rainfly makes it good for inclement weather
- The dome tent can be separated into two rooms
- There are three closable mesh windows and roof
- Great for summer camping
- The lightweight material that the tent is made out of makes it easy to carry, but also not as durable for windy weather
- It’s not as weatherproof as other tents on this list
12. Core Dome 6 Man Tent
Thanks to its unique design, it has got even more space than similarly sized tents.
Core makes many instant types of tents, but this is not one of them as the frame isn’t attached to the body.
Made with quality materials will provide good protection in the open. The rods of various colors, for easy assembly, are fiberglass, providing greater strength in the face of strong winds. At the same time, its outer polyester fabric with PU cover guarantees protection against the sun and waterproofness.
As for the internal fabric, it is breathable, allowing better ventilation on hot days.
- Priced at a very competitive level while still offering a lot of space
- Easy to set up
- Fits in the bag without much effort
- It only has one vestibule and one door as well
- Rainfly doesn’t go low enough allowing wind to come through
- Plastic Hooks
13. Marmot Limestone 6 Man Tent
The set of fiberglass rods and steel pegs provide the necessary stability. For what you pay, you should expect the tent to be reliable, and that’s what the Marmot Limestone is, it gets the job done.
It’s quite a roomy tent but not as fancy as most tents on this list. The double zippered front door and extra zippers make it quite a versatile tent.
If you love nature, but you resist losing the comfort of your home, here you are facing a good option.
This six-person tent will make you feel at home as if you were at home. Since it is made out of premium materials and it is made with a premium design as well, it is very comfortable on the inside. You do have to be a little careful about folding the tent when you take it down because of the tube style bag.
- It is has a very premium feeling and is made of great materials that can withstand a lot of beating
- The double zippered front door
- The canopy on both ends
- Quality aluminum poles
- It is priced at a premium level as well
- Could use improvement on ventilation
- Could use mesh near the bottom of the tent
14. Coleman Sundome 6 Man Tent
Its large living room stands out, with an interior that is made out of lightweight materials. Also, you can enjoy a lot of light thanks to its various windows and doors.
At bedtime, you can do it in a double room that, in turn, has a wall to divide it into two independent for privacy. While the doors offer complete protection against insects, being covered with mosquito nets.
The advertised capacity might be a little generous. With 4 people and gear, it can already feel claustrophobic. If you push on to the 6 people boundary, you can forget about including gear inside.
We do note that it can withstand rain and some winds; this is amazing considering how tall it is, but if the winds get too strong, you’ll have to find ways to tight more solid to the ground.
- It is a convenient six-person tent that is easy to assemble
- Fits nicely inside the included bag
- It’s tall
- Mesh roof provides good ventilation
- With some practice can be very easy to set up
- The lightweight materials make it not as good for heavy winds
- Mesh roof design means it can get colder
- Not as big as the capacity suggests
15. Kelty Trail Ridge 6
Now, if the other models are a bit big, this may be the right one for a perfect family weekend. With a capacity for several people, this stable and resistant design provides a more welcoming environment in nature.
The tent will not leak during heavy rains, so it’s great for inclement weather. This is a very highly rated tent around the web, and with good reason, you get what you pay for.
Its structure is characterized by being mixed. On the one hand, the dome-shaped bedroom with a dividing wall offers a comfortable resting area.
On the other hand, a living room with the dimensions and the appropriate height to enjoy more the moments in a group. At the same time that the floor provides fresh air intake, the hot air inside is expelled through the upper ventilation openings. In this way, you can enjoy greater well-being.
- Its small size makes for easy setup, and it still has 2 doors and vestibules
- Six feet tall so you can walk around inside
- The two doors allow cross-flow ventilation
- Truly waterproof
- Heavy-duty stakes
- It lacks floor space when compared to other tents
- Tricky to set up and requires two individuals
- Sharp poles can rip the sleeves
Want Something Bigger?
If any of the tents mentioned here isn’t enough read our reviews for:
Useful Tips Before Using Your New 6 Person Tent
Lots of people would buy a 6 man tent and the very first time and never open it up without first testing it. Don’t fumble around in the campground, trying to learn how to put up the tent and look like a fool.
Set it up first in your lawn or somewhere easy before you go out to camp. This will give you a clue as to how difficult (or easy) it is to set up your tent, and you can make sure you have plenty of time to set it up in camp based on your findings.
The tents mentioned previously, given they are mostly made from polyester or water-resistant material, will probably be fairly watertight. Some will even come with a rainfly. You will probably still need to spray it with a waterproof spray now and then to make sure you stay dry.
Taking Your Tent Down
This can be very difficult and even more cumbersome to fit all of it in the bag that the tent came in. You should study the way the tent was folded before you took it out of the bag and try to get it back the same way.
If all else fails, fit the stakes in a separate container and try to get the tent, floor tarp, and rainfly into the stuff sack it came in.
DO YOU OWN A 6 PERSON TENT?
- Save money from epic photography gear guides and round-ups
- Discover new destinations near and far
- Learn to travel better and longer from travel tips and resources
- Get free travel photos and other freebies
- We don't like SPAM so you won't get any from us