9910 Cape Verde Drive
Elk Grove, CA 95757
Mobile Phone: 916-678-1504
- Microsoft .NET/SQL Architect/Developer who has over 14 years of comprehensive Information Technology experience with a track record of delivering complex integrations and enterprise level solutions.
- Great understanding of Relational and non-Relational database concepts and design.
- Strong understanding of n-Tiered application architectures from hardware configurations to front-end web application.
- Extensive programming experience in the .NET framework such as ASP.NET, WPF, WCF, and Windows Services.
- Expert in Database Architecture, Design and Development.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills to communicate with executives and customers to understand business needs.
- Experience with performance tuning, debugging, testing, and issue resolution.
- Worked in the Health Care Industry and understands health care related data.
- Excellent ability to work under pressure with minimal or no direction.
- General consulting skills – Data Modeling, Data Conversion, Innovation, and Initiative.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, quick learner, programming language agnostic and have the desire to learn and develop new skills quickly.
- Expert in various Content Management Solutions and implementations such as .NET based – SharePoint 2010, Ektron and ColdFusion based – Mura.
Database: Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2008 R2, 2012, Oracle 11g, MySQL
Reporting: Crystal Reports, Cognos ReportNET, and SQL Server Reporting Services.
Content Management: Ektron, DotNet Nuke, Sharepoint Foundation, MURA, WordPress
Other: Visual Studio (All versions), Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, TFS, GIT, M-Files Document Management System, ProLaw Case Management System, Data Warehouse, Multi-Dimensional Queries, Star Schema, ETL Process, BI, DDL, WordPress, SEO
Integration Solutions Architect (.NET/M-Files/ProLaw/API/SQL) – Sophus Consulting (Client – CALPERS) | Remote
December 2015 – Present
Project: ProLaw Case Management System integration with M-Files Document Management System utilizing M-Files API and SQL Server SQLDependency class. Develop a windows service that will detect changes in the Case Management Database (ProLaw) to reflect the changes in the Document Management system (M-Files). Create parallel integration with the Case Management System and Document Management System with two-way communications.
- Convert requirements into the architecture and design.
- Consult with project managers, customers and provide guidance that ultimately constitutes the blueprint for the solution.
- Integrate document management system with a Case Management system using the document management system’s API (developed in Visual Basic .NET).
- Develop Windows service solutions that maintain two-way communication between the ProLaw Case Management System and M-Files Document Management System.
- Specify and research systems architecture and identify components.
- Research and analyze systems architecture solutions that are optimal and propose for business and IT strategies.
- Ensures architecture, standards, and practices for planned systems remain compatible with IT infrastructure.
Technologies: SQL Server 2014, Visual Studio 2015, .NET 4.5, C#, Visual Basic .NET, Windows Services, Server Technologies, Table Dependency, M-Files API, Entity Framework, LINQ, API, Telerik, MVC, JSON, XML, GIT
ASP.NET Web Developer/Database Developer – Modis @ Social Interest Solutions (Healthcare/Claims) | Sacramento, CA
April 2014 – November 2015
- Supported the Health-e-App, the first Web-based system in the U.S. to fully automate enrollment in Medicaid and the State Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
- One of the developers involved in the development of Health-e-App and its successor, One-e-App, a Web-based system that lets families and individuals apply for multiple health, social service and other support programs from one.
- Streamlined the application process by providing one electronic application that collects and stores information, screens and delivers data electronically, and helps family’s secure needed services.
- Participated in process flow analysis, security review and process redesign with the Development team.
- Consulted with customers and identify customer’s issues and provide concise solutions.
- Produced detailed functional design documents to match customer requirements.
- Participated in training design, documentation and delivery effort. Contributed team meetings by researching new vulnerabilities, security threats and attacks.
.NET and SQL Architect- Stansfield Technologies | Sacramento, CA
October 2012 – April 2014
- Developed public facing claims website.
- Designed and developed data warehouse.
- Developed project work plans.
- Established and tracked priorities, dependencies, completion dates, and monitor the progress.
- Consulted with clients and end users to gather information about program intent, functions, features, data requirements, input requirements, output requirements, internal and external checks and controls, hardware and operating system environment, and interfaces with other systems.
- Designed User Interface and conduct usability testing. Train end users or technical support staff to use and support program.
- Wrote and maintained documentation of changes to computer code, programs, and specifications.
Web and Database Developer – US District Courts, Eastern District | Sacramento, CA
October 2010 – October 2012
- Designed comprehensive system charts and reports for presenting information gathered from stakeholders for review by the user group.
- Developed process maps to present functional designs of modular web processes and coding dynamic web pages for product demonstration and proof-of-concept.
- Developed business case(s) for projects by collaborating with customers. Report the progress of projects and related activities in meetings and in written reports.
- Designed database schemas for dynamic integration into the web environment and integrates existing database systems into web development.
- Developed dynamic web sites with database integration to provide administrative content management.
- Developed new tools, or uses existing tools, to monitor and report website utilization to maximize the efficiency of the courts web sites.
- Monitored and analyzed potential security risks reported through network firewalls and other reporting mechanisms.
- Evaluated emerging Internet development technologies for application in the court. Developed project work plans.
- Established and tracked priorities, dependencies, completion dates, and monitor the progress. Use project management software, to accomplish all project management activities. Supported high availability website.
.NET/Sharepoint Developer – Intercare Insurance Solutions | Roseville, CA
March 2008 – October 2010
- Consulted with customers, clients, programmers and end users to gather information about program intent, functions, security requirements, data requirements, input requirements, output requirements, internal and external checks and controls, hardware and operating system environment, and interfaces with other systems. Design User Interface and conduct usability testing.
- Trained end users or technical support staff to use and support program.
- Wrote and maintained documentation of changes to computer code, programs, and specifications.
- Designed and coded layouts for onscreen user interfaces, printed outputs, and interfaces with other systems.
- Recommended, scheduled, and performed software improvements and upgrades. Review user and technical documentation written by others to confirm consistency with program operations. Revise program for corrections, enhancements, or system environment changes.
- Trained end users or technical support staff to use and support programs.
- Coordinated with other programmers about program revisions.
- Designed, created, and organized site collections that support efficient business process workflows – This includes participating in user interface design.
- Continually strived to improve the efficiency and usability of the SharePoint solutions while leveraging an ongoing research and understanding of business needs.
- Supported high availability website.
Technical Consultant – Solutions 3x (Sub-Contractor) | Sacramento, CA
January 2007 – February 2008
- Consulted with customers and clients to gather requirements and deliverables. Developed project work plans.
- Established and track priorities, security protocols, dependencies, completion dates, and monitor the progress.
- Used project management software, to accomplish all project management activities.
- Acted as a lead developer and project manager in implementing a Content Management System (CMS) for the California State Capitol Museum website. Utilized Ektron CMS 400 and maximized built-in security features.
- Designed and implemented a SQL Server 2005 database for the CMS. Developed custom modules for web application and User Interface.
- Used graphic tools to design web application – Photoshop/Illustrator.
- Utilized various migration tools to import data from various systems.
- Implemented system hardware and develop maintenance system.
- Recommended, scheduled, and performed software improvements and upgrades.
- Established and maintain end-user access policy and permissions.
Database and Web Developer – California Department of Justice, CMS | Sacramento, CA
October 2005 – January 2007
- Developed custom data models and cubes based on current datasets from Case Management Software by utilizing Cognos BI tools (Framework Manager) and SQL Server Analyzer.
- Gathered requirements from customers to produce/optimise customized and complex reports as well as Ad Hoc queries, including tuning queries in SQL Server as well as Cognos Reportnet and Cognos 8 (Report Studio, Query Studio, and Analysis Studio).
- Troubleshoot and analyzed data to ensure that delivered data and reports are accurate.
- Analyzed and validate documented user requirements and design Cognos-based implementation solutions to meet them.
- Developed IIS intranet/extranet application utilizing ASP and ASP.NET.
- Developed and maintained procedures to integrate department data to be used with the ProLaw Case Management Software.
- Developed and maintained documentation and training materials.
- Gathered business requirements and translate into technical specifications.
Developer – Department of Fish and Game | Sacramento, CA
June 2004 – October 2005
- Developed database applications utilizing MS Access and SQL.
- Responsibilities included creating T-SQL Stored procedures to automate import/export process. Administered several SQL Servers in a production and development environment.
- Acted as the senior SQL Server database administrator.
- Administered load balanced Citrix server that hosted several MS Access applications.
- Administered an IIS web server that hosted several web applications.
- Translated user needs to technical requirements.
- Assist in validating information back to the data source systems and marrying that data to the business requirements.
- Provided production monitoring and user support for the reporting systems.
Programmer Analyst – CA State Parks | Sacramento, CA
March 2003 – June 2004
- Programmed T- SQL stored procedures, triggers, cursors, and advanced SQL queries.
- Develop IIS intranet/extranet applications using ASP, Visual Basic, MS SQL Server, and MS Access.
- Created VBScript classes to encapsulate business functionality and using the #include command to access the functionality. Procure Systems Analysis and design of the Proposition 40 web site/Project.
- Developed and maintained procedures to integrate department data to be used with Prop 40 project.
- Developed and maintained documentation and training material.
- Optimized stored procedures, queries, and various web pages to increase server efficiency.
- Assisted in preparing materials for Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions, training, and presentations.
- Maintained project status on project management web and intranet site.
Database Administrator and Developer – Confi-Check | Sacramento, CA
March 2002 – March 2003
- Developed ad-hoc management reports using T- SQL stored procedures and queries Provide expert level database advice and support to the development team.
- Designed web pages using Photoshop and other graphic tools.
- Developed User Interface. Develop potentially long-running database queries to clean and scrub data.
- Reverse engineered existing database schemas, stored procedures, queries, and triggers.
- Designed/developed database and e-commerce web applications with ASP/ADO and ASP.NET/ADO.NET.
- Produced Daily maintenance review, SQL Server optimization, testing, and database import/export support for DTS. Acted as a backup DBA to ensure 24 hours, 7 days a week support of all databases.
- Implemented and wrote stored procedures in Transact-SQL to query databases.
- Optimize queries to increase server efficiency.
Student Intern – California Air Resources Board | Sacramento
April 2001 – March 2002
- Supported development of state agency client-server web application utilizing XML/XSL and DTS. Ongoing Web and client server development projects utilizing Visual Basic 6.0, Active X, ADO, Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Access, and Windows 2000 Advanced Server.
- Developed Web electronic applications for scientist lab data inquiry; Extranet Customer Support and Activity Tracking Systems; build and maintain the Web FTP site relational database modeling.
- Participated in upper management committees on new development, research, organization strategy. Be involved in Database development, design and administration.
Student Intern – California Energy Resources | Sacramento, CA
March 2000 – April 2001
- Developed custom applications for a client/server, multi-user environment in MS Access 97.
- Troubleshoot compilation errors and performance issues in MS Access 97 and research new technology for implementing an online Geographic Information System. Developed small database applications using MS Access VBA and modified Excel applications for departmental use.
- Saved organization time and money by taking on diverse job responsibilities.
- Created an MS Access database to consolidate data from disparate and mutually incompatible data sources.
- Created screens for data entry and for querying. Wrote both technical and user documentation.
California State University of Sacramento | Sacramento, CA
Bachelors, Management Information Systems (MIS)
1999-2002 GPA: 3.5
888-324-1531 x 701 toll-free
Sophus Consulting/Project Manager
888-324-1531 x 701 toll-free
Mark K. Allen
Product Support Manager. IHI Services, Inc.
Arizona Health Plus:
United States District Court:
California Eastern District Conference:
California Student Aid Commission:
California State Capitol Museum:
California Proposition 40/50 Awards Website: